ACTIVITY: Practice for the Presentation (Benchmark 10)
Project: California, Who Are You?
Duration: 60 minutes
Assessments: Student discussions
Students are required to practice their script for their artist statement that they will present after the class sees their PSA on the final day of the project. The students will need to practice several times by reading out the script. Students will need to practice in front of another group in the class and get feedback from them. The goal would be to have students feel completely comfortable with their scripts so that on the day of the presentation, they can use it as a guide (or not at all), rather than reading right from it. I also pulled groups aside and had them practice for me and gave them feedback, if it looked like they were ahead and/or could use some critical feedback.
(e.g. rubrics, examplars, websites, etc.)
REFLECTIONS & COMMENTS
This was a tricky process, because some groups were more resistant to practicing than others, but overall, it worked well to ensure that students were comfortable and ready for the day of their final presentation.
ALL PROJECT ACTIVITIES
- CA Geology - Reflection
- The Launch
- Introductory Research & Choosing a Topic (Benchmarks 1 & 2)
- Formulate a Research Question (Benchmark 3)
- Background Research (Benchmark 4)
- Formulate a Thesis (Benchmark 5)
- Public Service Announcement (PSA) Proposal (Benchmark 6)
- Create Script & Final Storyboard (Benchmark 7)
- Create Public Service Announcement (PSA) movie (Benchmark 8)
- Script for Presentation - Artist Statement (Benchmark 9)
- Practice for the Presentation (Benchmark 10)
- Final Presentation of PSA and Presentation of Artist's Statement (Benchmark 11)